SPRING 2017 Neighborhood Plantings!
Itching to get out and plant some trees this season? Come join us at any of the October neighborhood plantings–click here for the full SPRING 2017 NEIGHBORHOOD PLANTING SCHEDULE! We can always use extra hands, and it’s a great way to come meet your fellow tree-loving citizens and help increase our tree canopy! (Interested in Organizing Your Own Free Neighborhood Planting? The Deadline for Fall Plantings will be June 15th. More Info Below!)
NEXT Providence Citizen Foresters TRAINING–Wed, May 17th, 5:30pm!
Want to become even more of a steward for our city’s urban forest? Consider becoming a Citizen Forester, as part of our newly launched community urban tree stewardship program! Info and details may be found here.
The Providence Neighborhood Planting Program (PNPP) is a street tree planting partnership between the Mary Elizabeth Sharpe Providence Neighborhood Planting Program Fund, the City of Providence, and the residents of Providence. We provide free street trees to Providence residents through our Neighborhood Street Tree Planting Awards.
More info on planting applications may be found HERE, or email or call PNPP Director Cassie Tharinger with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org, (401) 368-5380
Like us on Facebook for program updates, photos, and news from the tree community!
PNPP celebrates 25 years and 10,000 trees!
To receive street trees through the Neighborhood Street Tree Planting Award, neighborhoods should have:
- A volunteer to organize a Neighborhood Street Tree Planting Award application.
- Requests from at least five properties for at least one tree at each property within an area of one to two city blocks.
- Documentation of property owner consent to street tree planting.
- Help from each property owner or resident to help plant their tree on planting day, water weekly and weed regularly.
Do you live in one of these neighborhoods?
PNPP especially encourages the following neighborhoods that are most in need of street trees to apply for Neighborhood Street Tree Planting Awards, and prioritizes those applications:
- Smith Hill
- Federal Hill
- Washington Park
- West End
- Upper and Lower South Providence
- Spring Neighborhood Street Tree Planting Award Applications must be postmarked by Jan 15.
- Fall Applications must be postmarked by July 15.
Need help? Please see our Frequently Asked Questions Page.